If your physician has prescribed your child to take co-Codamol, then give it as long as he/she has recommended you. If you are going to buy Codamol UK from a pharmacy or online- then try not give it to your child for more than 3 days. Also, in case you kid still feel the pain then do not hesitate to consult your doctor.
What will happen if your child consumes more than required?
- Consuming the dosage more than required can be quite dangerous for your kid.
- If your child has consumed an overdose then he/she may feel sleepy, dizzy or even sick sometime.
- They can also see some hallucinations or can find it very difficult to breathe.
- Also, in some cases, your child can also,o become unconscious and may require an emergency treatment in the hospital.
- If your child needs to visit the hospital then do not forget to take the packet of co-codamol along with you.
What happens if you give your children co-Codamol with other medicine or painkillers?
Well, luckily it is safe to give your children ibuprofen with Co-Codamol. But, it not safe to give your children paracetamol with co-Codamol, as the medicine already contains paracetamol. Therefore, by giving them additional paracetamol tablets could lead to overdosage. So, try not to give them the medicines that already have paracetamol as it base salt.
Before going out to buy Co-Codamol UK or any other medicine, consult your doctor or the pharmacist first! Try not to give aspirin if your child is under the age of 16, as it can cause some fatal side effects to them.
What are the side effects of Co-Codamol in children?
Just like all medicine, Co-Codamol can also cause some serious side effects, but not everyone gets to face them. Many children have no side effects at all. Your child will more likely to develop symptom if they consume higher strength of the medicine.
What are the Common side effects?
The common side effects can be seen in more than 1 in 100 children. Do consult your physician if the side effects do not go away. These may include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- A headache
- Difficulty in breathing
- feeling sleepy